Limited Scope Representation / Unbundling
Need help, but do not need to hire an attorney for your entire case? Limited Scope Representation may be the right solution for you.
Limited scope representation, often referred to as “unbundling” allows an attorney to provide legal services on a portion of a client’s legal matter rather than seeing it through from beginning to end, so long as it is reasonable under the circumstances.
In the traditional full-service case, an attorney is engaged to perform all the tasks of your case, as called by the demands of the case. With unbundling, the attorney and client work together deliberately and purposefully to allocate the division of tasks. This allocation depends both on the demands of the case as well as the needs and capability of the client. Limited scope can be used for either individual separate and distinct tasks, such as drafting pleadings or providing advice and coaching on an issue, or for particular issues in a case, such as custody or property division.
The following is an non-exhaustive list of the many ways in which Burnsville Family Law attorney, Jennifer J. Stevens may assist you with your case through Limited Scope Representation:
- Assist with the preparation of documents, such as pleadings, marital settlement agreements or a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO);
- Coach your case through negotiations or litigation strategy;
- Review documents and provide legal advice regarding law and court procedure;
- Have representation for a portion of your case, such as for one court hearing or one mediation session;
- Counsel and advise on the preparation of a custody evaluation;
- Assist with Discovery.
Not every legal matter is appropriate for limited scope representation. We will work with you to assess your case and advise you if limited scope representation is right for your case. For more information, please contact Stevens Family Law & Mediation PLLC at (952) 856-0518 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss limited scope representation. We look forward to speaking with you.