State of Minnesota, April 2017
State of Indiana, October 2008
Creighton University School of Law—Omaha, NE May 2008
Honors/Activities: CALI Excellence for Future Awards –highest grade—Legal Writing & Lawyering I and Advanced Legal Writing and Drafting courses; Phi Delta Phi, member and former Vice Magistrate; Moot Court, participant and bailiff; Client Counseling Competition.
Minnesota Paralegal Institute—Minnetonka, MN October 2003
University of Minnesota—Minneapolis, MN December 2001
Bachelor of Arts—Sociology of Law, Criminology and Deviance
Minors: Psychology and Business Management
Honors: Dean’s List 1998, 1999; Scholars List 1998
Stevens Family Law & Mediation, PLLC, Owner Attorney—Burnsville, MN January 2019-Present
- Advise and represent clients in all aspects of family law cases.
- Provide alternative dispute resolution services including mediation, ENE’s, and parenting consulting.
Cohen, Garelick & Glazier, P.C. Associate Attorney—Indianapolis, IN December 2008-March 2016
- Advised and represented clients in all aspects of family law cases, including complex, high-asset dissolution and high-conflict custody cases. Counseled clients through ADR and settlement negotiations. Conducted and utilized discovery processes and experts. Litigated contested family law matters. Also drafted and negotiated premarital agreements.
Koenig & Tiritilli, PC, LLO, Senior Certified Law Clerk—Omaha, NE May 2006–May 2008
- Researched and analyzed legal issues in family law and estate planning and prepared memoranda of law. Drafted motions, complaints, discovery, and simple estate planning documents. Conducted oral and written correspondence with courts and clients. Reviewed and analyzed recent court decisions and legislation. Attended hearings and client consultations.
- Authored five appellate briefs for the Nebraska Court of Appeals and one Petition against Further Review in the Nebraska Supreme Court. Successfully moved for attorney’s fees on appeal. Successfully responded to Motion for Aid. Authored trial and appellate briefs for international custody dispute between Nebraska and Japan involving the UCCJEA-a case of first impression before the Nebraska Supreme Court, Carter v. Carter, 758 N.W. 2d 1 (Neb. 2008).
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Reader’s Choice Award, Best Lawyer/Attorney & Firm in Burnsville 2021, 2022 and 2023
- Indianapolis Super Lawyers, Rising Star 2015 and 2016
TRAININGS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Parenting Consultant and Parenting Time Expeditor Training, October 2018
- Qualified Neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota General Rules of Practice, since February 2018
- SENE and FENE Training, November 2017
- 40-Hr. Family Mediation Training October/November 2017
- Minnesota Collaborative Law Training, July 2017
- Co-creator of the volunteer Evaluative Mediation Program (EMP) in Dakota County family court, 2020-present
- Volunteer mediator and attorney for Legal Assistance of Dakota County, 2019-present
- Ramsey County Volunteer Mediation, 2018-present
- Dakota County Pro Bono and Family Court Self Help Center volunteer, 2018-2020
- Pro Bono attorney volunteer—Indianapolis Bar Association, 2013-2016
- Guardian ad Litem –Kids’ Voice of Indiana, 2008-2013